German payments technology provider Wirecard is to integrate insurance solutions from Credit Life International into its Boon host card emulation (HCE) mobile payments app. “Soon, purchases made by users via the mobile app can also be insured at the touch of a button during the checkout process,” Wirecard says. Boon launched in Germany, the Netherlands and Austria in December 2015. It expanded to Spain and Ireland in the same month, and launched in the UK with Apple Pay support in March 2016.
- Google lets US drivers use Assistant to pay for fuel with their voice
- Lloyds to let customers set own contactless transaction limit
- Emirates NBD records 34m contactless transactions during eight-week rewards programme
- Monzo lets customers link virtual debit cards to funds ring fenced for specific types of expenditure
- CBA: 80% of digital wallet payments in Australia made from Apple devices
This article is more than four years old