Apple Pay is to launch in Spain on 1 December with support from Banco Santander, according to Spanish news website Applesfera. “Various sources have confirmed [to] Applesfera and barring unforeseen last-minute [changes] it will be tomorrow when we can finally use the service in Spain,” the report says.
- Malaysian government offers cash incentives to mobile payments users
- Indonesia begins EMV QR mobile payments rollout
- Visa to acquire Plaid in $5.3bn move into open banking and integrated payments
- Visa to let merchants accept contactless payments on Android NFC phones
- Samsung Pay adds ‘do not sell my data’ option for US users