Thirty-one Australian banks and credit unions will support Apple Pay after a deal between Apple and banking services provider Cuscal. The announcement comes as Apple remains in an ongoing fight with four of the country’s biggest banks about restricting the NFC technology within its handsets, claiming the banks are “not interested” in promoting mobile payment competition.
- Visa reports on the impact of Covid-19 on payment volumes
- Qatar triples contactless transaction limit
- EBA recommends Europe-wide contactless transaction limit increase
- Table: Contactless payment transaction limit increases around the world
- Mastercard: 29 countries have now agreed to raise their contactless payment limit