Apple is promoting the use of Apple Pay for web payments with a string of holiday offers from US retailers including Adidas, Casper, Grubhub and Instacart. Deals include free shipping and discounts that are applied at checkout when using Apple Pay to complete the transaction. Apple Pay introduced payments on the web in September 2016.
- Oman to make it mandatory for all merchants to accept cashless payments
- Juniper forecasts contactless card transactions will total US$2.5tn globally in 2021
- Polish mobile payments service lets users make NFC payments direct from bank account
- Swiss mobile payments provider to roll out cross-border payments in 2022
- Japanese university trials face payments for users wearing a mask
This article is more than four years old