French casino and hotel group Groupe Partouche has partnered with MeReal Biometrics to test the use of biometric smart cards by employees to access secure areas. The initial test of fingerprint-based biometric cards will take place in two of the group’s 42 casino and hotel properties early in 2017. If successful it will pave the way towards a ‘closed loop’ system with all regular guests and 4,500 employees using biometric cards to perform a wide range of payment and access applications.
- Pax Technology partners with Dejamobile to let merchants accept contactless payments on NFC devices
- Chinese bike hire service to let customers use an NFC digital currency wallet to pay for their ride
- Survey: ‘Growing number’ of Europeans support creation of national digital currencies independently of EU
- Google Pay to go live in Israel this year?
- Nearly two-thirds of UK consumers would now prefer to make card payments from a mobile wallet
This article is more than four years old