BBVA bank is offering new customers in Spain the chance to open an account with them using their mobile phone, with identity verified using face recognition and video calls. The remote registration service sees the bank check ‘selfie’ images against a photo ID before a bank representative verifies the new customer’s identity through a video conference call. BBVA has also signed a memorandum of understanding to use Salesforce’s cloud computing services to become “a more flexible and scalable digital bank”.
- Merivale to let Sydney diners tap table tags to order food and drinks
- Zhengzhou Metro rolls out face scanning across its subway network
- PCI publishes CPoC standard for accepting contactless payments on off-the-shelf NFC devices
- Grab to issue mobile-first numberless Mastercard across SE Asia
- MUFG to use digital currency for mobile payments in Japan