Coffee chain Caffè Nero is to build a mobile payment and loyalty platform for its customers using technology supplied by QR code-based platform Yoyo Wallet. “The partnership, which will have implications for all Caffè Nero stores across the UK and Ireland, is Yoyo’s first significant step in taking their mobile wallet offering onto the high street,” Yoyo Wallet says. Yoyo began rolling out its service to university campuses in May 2014 and launched in private beta across the US in December last year.
- China’s JD.com lets consumers make online payments from digital yuan hard wallets using NFC
- UK sees 40% rise in contactless transaction values in 2021
- Apple to let merchants accept contactless payments on iPhones?
- Russia launches digital ruble pilot with 12 banks
- Google sets out its vision for the future of Google Pay
This article is more than five years old