Coffee chain Caffè Nero is to build a mobile payment and loyalty platform for its customers using technology supplied by QR code-based platform Yoyo Wallet. “The partnership, which will have implications for all Caffè Nero stores across the UK and Ireland, is Yoyo’s first significant step in taking their mobile wallet offering onto the high street,” Yoyo Wallet says. Yoyo began rolling out its service to university campuses in May 2014 and launched in private beta across the US in December last year.
- Mobile wallet transaction volumes overtake cash payments in stores
- National QR payments and rewards system to be launched in Australia
- Huawei Pay goes live in Pakistan
- Tencent and Ant to integrate digital yuan wallets into mobile banking apps
- European Payments Initiative issues call for technical partners
This article is more than four years old