Internet of things, monitoring for insurance and mobile wallet expansion are three of the key emerging smartwatch app trends found in research by Parks Associates. Leading Smart Watch Apps: Insights into Wearable Use Cases also shows Apple Watch owners are more engaged with their devices than all other smartwatch owners. “The two primary smartwatch use cases are fitness tracking and notifications, but use cases such as mobile payments, smart home and security, and vehicle access are emerging,” says Chris Tweedt from Parks Associates.
- Nine in ten UK in-store card payments are now contactless
- Moscow to complete contactless ticketing rollout by end 2021
- EU to debut digital euro project this year?
- Paris adds support for iPhone transit card top ups
- One in three Indian households now use digital payments
This article is more than four years old