Passengers on National Express bus services across the West Midlands in the UK can now buy monthly travel passes and have them validated directly on their smartphones. The service is making use of Masabi’s JustRide cloud-based mobile ticketing and fare collection system. “As part of the National Express deployment, Masabi will be using Mastercard Payment Gateway Services to enable simple, safe and secure in-app digital payments,” Masabi says. Future updates will enable riders to make payments through Mastercard’s Masterpass digital wallet.
- Washington Metro lets Android users add SmarTrip transit cards to Google Pay
- Korean buses trial ‘tagless’ Bluetooth fare payments
- Brescia rolls out account based contactless ticketing across entire public transport network
- CTA lets Android users tap and pay for transit fares in Chicago
- UK government unveils plans for digital ticketing across national rail network
This article is more than four years old