Passengers on National Express bus services across the West Midlands in the UK can now buy monthly travel passes and have them validated directly on their smartphones. The service is making use of Masabi’s JustRide cloud-based mobile ticketing and fare collection system. “As part of the National Express deployment, Masabi will be using Mastercard Payment Gateway Services to enable simple, safe and secure in-app digital payments,” Masabi says. Future updates will enable riders to make payments through Mastercard’s Masterpass digital wallet.
- More than 700 UK railway stations to get contactless ticketing
- Nine in ten transit agencies plan to introduce new smart ticketing options to aid post-pandemic recovery
- Boise rolls out transit wallet, smartcard and mobile app for fare-capped contactless ticketing
- MTA to add fare capping to Omny contactless ticketing?
- Metro passengers get open loop contactless ticketing and fare capping in Sofia
This article is more than five years old