LG Innotek has unveiled an all-in-one module that functions as both a front-facing camera as well as an iris scanner which could be built into LG smartphones scheduled to launch next year, Korean publication Digital Times reports. It is not confirmed whether or not the module will be integrated into the company’s forthcoming LG G6 flagship smartphone, expected to be unveiled in spring 2017.
- Apple rolls out AirTags for locating and tracking personal items
- German savings banks roll out contactless card acceptance on standard NFC phones
- UK Treasury and Bank of England launch CBDC taskforce to explore digital currency options
- Octopus to let Hong Kong cardholders pay for transit fares in mainland China
- Opera chooses Antelop to enable NFC digital card payments for Dify users
This article is more than four years old