Mastercard will launch its biometric identity verification system across North America in the first half of 2017, with Canadian bank BMO Financial Group the first to offer the service to its corporate customers. Identity Check Mobile was soft launched earlier this year, and uses fingerprint and facial recognition to verify a cardholder’s identity. “Moving this technology beyond the pilot phase is a significant milestone in the evolution of payments,” says Ajay Bhalla from Mastercard. The service was rolled out in 12 European countries earlier this month.
- Samsung Money to go live in the US this summer
- Google pilots voice-based payments
- India to open antitrust investigation into Google Pay?
- Morocco boosts contactless transaction limit by 100%
- Dejamobile launches white label solution for contactless payments acceptance on standard NFC devices
This article is more than three years old