Bank of Scotland customers in the UK can now apply for a current account by taking a picture of their face. “They will be able to complete a simple step-by-step application process to open a current account and take pictures of their UK driving licence or passport, along with selfie images to confirm their identity,” says Lloyds Banking Group. “As the ID verification technology is web-based, customers can use a web browser on their smartphone or tablet to submit images.”
- Nine in ten UK in-store card payments are now contactless
- Moscow to complete contactless ticketing rollout by end 2021
- EU to debut digital euro project this year?
- Paris adds support for iPhone transit card top ups
- One in three Indian households now use digital payments
This article is more than four years old