The Electronic Payments Association (NACHA) has launched phase one of Same Day ACH (Automated Clearing House) across the US, allowing businesses and consumers to send and receive payments and payment-related information on the same day through the ACH Network. “Phase one of Same Day ACH allows for the sending and receiving of virtually any ACH credit transaction,” NACHA says. Phase two will launch in September 2017 to introduce the “faster processing and settlement of debit transactions, in addition to credit transactions”. Members of NACHA approved Same Day ACH in May 2015.
- Patent shows how Apple Pay could automatically select a card based on the user’s location
- Visa reports 1bn extra contactless transactions in Europe since payment limit rises
- More than 100m Americans to make an in-store mobile payment in 2021
- East Caribbean Central Bank launches digital currency
- Chinese banks roll out digital yuan wallets
This article is more than four years old