US retail giant Best Buy has signed a multiyear agreement to accept Chase Pay QR code-based mobile payments in-store, in-app and online. Best Buy is a member of US retailer-led consortium MCX, which ended its CurrentC mobile wallet pilot in June 2016. Chase Pay was unveiled in October 2015 and will be accepted by all MCX members. It is currently live with select online merchants and becomes available later this year for in-store and in-app purchases at participating locations.
- UBS launches sustainable credit card made from corn
- OP Financial to pilot biometric payment card in Finland
- Stocard rolls out mobile payments service in four more European countries
- Nordic countries record surge in contactless payments during pandemic
- Google Pay to launch mobile-first bank accounts in the USA in 2021
This article is more than four years old