US retail giant Best Buy has signed a multiyear agreement to accept Chase Pay QR code-based mobile payments in-store, in-app and online. Best Buy is a member of US retailer-led consortium MCX, which ended its CurrentC mobile wallet pilot in June 2016. Chase Pay was unveiled in October 2015 and will be accepted by all MCX members. It is currently live with select online merchants and becomes available later this year for in-store and in-app purchases at participating locations.
- Visa finalises acquisition of Rambus’ payments and ticketing businesses
- Ahold Delhaize brings mobile self-checkout to US supermarkets
- Payments networks begin rollout of single buy button for online commerce
- Report: EU antitrust investigators are examining Apple Pay
- EBA sets new Strong Customer Authentication deadline