US retail giant Best Buy has signed a multiyear agreement to accept Chase Pay QR code-based mobile payments in-store, in-app and online. Best Buy is a member of US retailer-led consortium MCX, which ended its CurrentC mobile wallet pilot in June 2016. Chase Pay was unveiled in October 2015 and will be accepted by all MCX members. It is currently live with select online merchants and becomes available later this year for in-store and in-app purchases at participating locations.
- Emirates NBD rewards customers for adopting contactless payments
- Russia to create digital ruble prototype by December
- Fidesmo Pay launches in Russia
- Google promotes mobile payments in the US with $30 Spring Challenge
- Forecast: 1.4bn consumers will be using face recognition to authenticate payments by 2025
This article is more than four years old