UK banks Santander, Royal Bank of Scotland, NatWest and Ulster Bank now support Android Pay. “TSB customers will also soon be able to add their cards to Android Pay, with a roll out planned this month,” Google says. Android Pay launched in the UK in May 2016. TSB announced in July that it would support the mobile payment platform from the fourth quarter of this year.
- Samsung begins global rollout of mobile POS app that lets merchants accept payments on standard Android phones
- Facebook loses Libra cryptocurrency backers
- Royal Mint produces solid gold payment card
- Survey pinpoints roadblocks to US mobile payments adoption
- Japanese merchants report sharp increase in mobile transactions