Alipay parent company Ant Financial has acquired biometric provider EyeVerify. “Earlier this year, Ant Financial and EyeVerify entered into a licensing agreement in which Eyeprint ID was integrated into Ant Financial’s payment authentication platform,” Ant Financial says. The acquisition will allow the company’s Eyeprint ID technology to be integrated into more Ant Financial products and “secure hundreds of millions of consumers’ online data and transactions”. Eyeprint ID works by capturing an image of an eye and matching the unique vein pattern to verify identity. The acquisition cost $100m, Fortune reports.
- Beijing offers public transport users discounts to encourage digital yuan fare payments
- Major banks, retailers and fintechs to support rollout of national QR payments and rewards system in Australia
- Circle K adds checkout-free shopping at US convenience stores
- Apple Pay goes live in Bahrain
- Three in four UK consumers want to set their own contactless spending limit
This article is more than five years old