Alipay parent company Ant Financial has acquired biometric provider EyeVerify. “Earlier this year, Ant Financial and EyeVerify entered into a licensing agreement in which Eyeprint ID was integrated into Ant Financial’s payment authentication platform,” Ant Financial says. The acquisition will allow the company’s Eyeprint ID technology to be integrated into more Ant Financial products and “secure hundreds of millions of consumers’ online data and transactions”. Eyeprint ID works by capturing an image of an eye and matching the unique vein pattern to verify identity. The acquisition cost $100m, Fortune reports.
- Apple Pay users in the US to get buy now pay later option with iOS 16
- BIS reports on CBDCs in emerging markets
- Moroccan bank launches biometric payment card
- US digital bank introduces contactless payments rings
- Riksbank completes digital currency payments pilot