Ecobank customers in Nigeria will soon be able to make in-store payments by scanning a QR code using their mobile phone or entering a merchant identifier into their feature phone. The bank has worked with Mastercard to launch the Ecobank Masterpass QR service, an enhancement to the Masterpass digital payment platform. It will enable “millions of micro, small and medium enterprises in Nigeria to accept fast and secure digital payments from consumers for the first time,” Mastercard says. Ecobank plans to introduce Ecobank Masterpass QR to 34 other markets.
- Google Pay rolls out tokenized NFC card payments in India
- Survey: Four in ten US and UK consumers ready to use QR codes for payments
- Antelop explains how it works as a trusted partner to banks looking to adopt the latest digital card technologies
- Google Pay streamlines user interface
- UK pilots new ways to provide access to cash in communities without bank branches
This article is more than four years old