German technology provider Wirecard has launched an app allowing European retailers to accept Alipay QR code mobile payments from Chinese tourists. “Retailers will soon be able to download the Scan Alipay iOS app from the app store,” Wirecard says. “An Android version will follow in the course of this year. The app will be taken up predominantly by catering establishments and clothing retailers.” Wirecard began rolling out support for Alipay mobile payments across Europe in December 2015. In June 2016 it was reported that Alipay is in talks to negotiate a 25% stake in Wirecard.
- Two in three consumers worldwide say Covid-19 has permanently changed the way they pay
- Pax Technology partners with Dejamobile to let merchants accept contactless payments on NFC devices
- Survey: ‘Growing number’ of Europeans support creation of national digital currencies independently of EU
- Google Pay to go live in Israel this year?
- Nearly two-thirds of UK consumers would now prefer to make card payments from a mobile wallet
This article is more than five years old