Australia’s Heritage Bank and payment platform provider Tyro are the latest to enter submissions to the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC), seeking to “collectively negotiate” with third party mobile wallet providers, while also urging Apple to open up the NFC technology in its handsets. Apple responded to the banks’ proposal last week, saying that doing so would undermine the security of Apple Pay.
- NFCW Expo online exhibition opens 21 September
- Antelop Solutions opens NFCW Expo showcase
- Klip digital wallet goes live in UAE
- Digital payments specialist Dejamobile opens showcase in the NFCW Expo
- Vanquis leverages open banking to let credit-building customers pay off balances instantly
- Bahamas to roll out central bank digital currency nationwide
This article is more than four years old