PARTNER NEWS: Customers of Cyprus’ Hellenic Bank can now make payments using PayBand, an NFC wristband provided by digital security giant Gemalto via its Optelio wearable range. “Gemalto has worked alongside its local partner Mellon Cyprus to provide Hellenic with an initial end-to-end solution for black silicone payment wristbands,” Gemalto says. “The solution features an embedded Visa applet and links seamlessly to the user’s Hellenic Bank debit or credit card account.”
- Pax Technology partners with Dejamobile to let merchants accept contactless payments on NFC devices
- Survey: ‘Growing number’ of Europeans support creation of national digital currencies independently of EU
- Google Pay to go live in Israel this year?
- Nearly two-thirds of UK consumers would now prefer to make card payments from a mobile wallet
- DBS Bank lets Singapore customers self-manage card security options in real time
This article is more than five years old