Kenyan carrier Safaricom is testing a new PIN-based NFC-enabled ‘Tap-and-Go’ card for its M-Pesa mobile money service. “The telecommunications services provider says the new offering can integrate with an existing M-Pesa account and the pilot phase is currently being conducted among Safaricom staff, with plans to extend the service to university students,” ITWeb Africa reports. Reports emerged in March 2014 that Safaricom was working to add NFC to its M-Pesa service.
- Apple expands 3% cashback network for Apple Card holders to Walgreens and Duane Reede stores
- PepsiCo unveils customer loyalty programme that delivers cashback rewards to PayPal and Venmo accounts
- Mastercard to build blockchain cross-border payments platform
- NAB to integrate receipts into mobile banking app
- Nissan to build RFID payments into all cars sold in Brazil