Kenyan carrier Safaricom is testing a new PIN-based NFC-enabled ‘Tap-and-Go’ card for its M-Pesa mobile money service. “The telecommunications services provider says the new offering can integrate with an existing M-Pesa account and the pilot phase is currently being conducted among Safaricom staff, with plans to extend the service to university students,” ITWeb Africa reports. Reports emerged in March 2014 that Safaricom was working to add NFC to its M-Pesa service.
- Coffee shop rolls out face-based payments in Romania
- Manchester bar to introduce finger vein biometrics for payments, age verification and Covid-19 contact tracing
- Three in four US consumers now prefer using contactless cards
- Citadele adds support for contactless payments rings
- Mercedes to secure in-car payments with biometrics
This article is more than four years old