Passengers on New York City’s Metropolitan Transportation Authority (MTA) can now pay for tickets and have them validated on their smartphone. “Passengers on Metro North Railroad (MNR) and Long Island Rail Road’s (LIRR) Port Washington Lines will be able to use their smartphones to buy and display tickets to travel using the MTA eTix mobile ticketing app,” technology provider Masabi says. The service, which uses Masabi’s JustRide platform, will be rolled out across all MTA services by the end of the summer.
- Transport for NSW to trial digital Opal card with 10,000 commuters
- Kazakhstan to roll out face recognition transit ticketing in 2021
- Metro de Sevilla introduces tap-and-go ticketing payments
- Ann Arbor transit authority joins regional mobile ticketing service
- Pasmo adds support for Apple Pay Express Transit in Japan
This article is more than four years old
Keep up to date: Get NFCW's headlines by email every Wednesday