More than 25% of US smartphone owners make use of mobile payment apps at least once a month, research from Parks Associates reveals. “More than 3m retailers combined accept Apple Pay and Android Pay, but consumers currently prefer retailer-specific apps such as the Starbucks payment app,” the firm says. “The most dominant payment app is currently PayPal, which is used by one in five smartphone owners.” Retail branded apps take second place, followed by Google Wallet/Android Pay and Apple Pay in third.
- Carrefour integrates its loyalty card with Apple Pay
- Afterpay lets US consumers pay by instalments with their NFC mobile phone
- Card networks begin global Click to Pay rollout
- Apple Pay to add support for QR mobile payments in iOS 14?
- Orange Bank introduces mobile-first debit card in Spain
This article is more than four years old