Payment processor Worldline is adding support for Alipay mobile payments in Germany. “The partnership allows Chinese tourists on trips to Germany to pay conveniently with their Alipay app at authorised retailers,” Worldline says. “The current pilot phases will be completed in July of this year and after that it will go live. The next step will extend the service to other countries.” Alipay partnered with payment provider Concardis to launch the service in Germany last month, marking its European debut after the company unveiled its expansion plans at Money20/20 Europe in April 2016.
- Two in three consumers worldwide say Covid-19 has permanently changed the way they pay
- Pax Technology partners with Dejamobile to let merchants accept contactless payments on NFC devices
- Survey: ‘Growing number’ of Europeans support creation of national digital currencies independently of EU
- Google Pay to go live in Israel this year?
- Nearly two-thirds of UK consumers would now prefer to make card payments from a mobile wallet
This article is more than five years old