Customers of US drugstore giant Walgreens can now redeem paperless coupons for online and in-store purchases and “clip” offers on product pages and in search results through the Walgreens mobile app. “Clipped offers are automatically saved to a customer’s Balance Rewards card and can be seamlessly applied in-store at checkout when a customer uses their Balance Rewards card,” Walgreens says. The retailer has also integrated its loyalty program with Apple Pay and Android Pay.
- ABN Amro trials integrated digital identity and payments app
- EMVCo releases contactless kernel specification to streamline payment acceptance
- New ST reader chip eases product certification for digital car key systems
- One in three UK consumers would ditch their wallet ‘if it weren’t for having to carry physical ID’
- UK updates Highway Code to allow drivers to make mobile payments from their vehicle
This article is more than six years old