US supermarket chain Walmart has launched Walmart Pay in 15 additional US states including Indiana, Iowa, Kentucky, Louisiana, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, South Dakota, Tennessee, Virginia and Washington DC. The QR code-based mobile payment service was also launched in Alabama and Georgia earlier this week, followed by Virginia, North Carolina and South Carolina.
- Apple Pay goes live in Mexico
- SBI to let merchants accept contactless payments on standard Android NFC phones
- Russian carriers seek digital ruble mobile wallet role
- American Express adds support for digital receipts
- UBS forecasts widespread adoption of biometric payment cards
This article is more than four years old