US supermarket chain Walmart has launched Walmart Pay in 15 additional US states including Indiana, Iowa, Kentucky, Louisiana, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, South Dakota, Tennessee, Virginia and Washington DC. The QR code-based mobile payment service was also launched in Alabama and Georgia earlier this week, followed by Virginia, North Carolina and South Carolina.
- Mercedes to secure in-car payments with biometrics
- Visa moves into the instalment payments market
- Amazon unveils self-checkout shopping trolleys
- Coca-Cola lets consumers dispense drinks with their mobile phones
- Carrefour integrates its loyalty card with Apple Pay
This article is more than four years old