US supermarket chain Walmart has launched Walmart Pay in 15 additional US states including Indiana, Iowa, Kentucky, Louisiana, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, South Dakota, Tennessee, Virginia and Washington DC. The QR code-based mobile payment service was also launched in Alabama and Georgia earlier this week, followed by Virginia, North Carolina and South Carolina.
- Russia launches public consultation on digital ruble
- India bans mobile payment providers from launching new proprietary QR codes
- Visa: Consumers have made an extra 500m touch-free payments in Europe since contactless limits were increased
- Walgreens lets customers pay with points at the POS
- Poppy appeal adds contactless donation boxes in Canada
This article is more than four years old
Keep up to date: Get NFCW's headlines by email every Wednesday