Swiss luxury watchmaker Swatch has partnered with Oberthur Technologies (OT) to provide NFC payments to customers in Switzerland through its Swatch Bellamy watch range. “OT’s FlyBuy SE (secure element) is fully integrated within Swatch Bellamy watches and provides a high level of security while enabling seamless payments and transactions,” says OT. Swatch Bellamy is expected to launch in Switzerland this month.
- ST explains how NFC tags with digital signatures can provide end-to-end protection against counterfeiting throughout the supply chain
- Starbucks launches NFC payment pens in Japan
- NXP unveils NFC, UWB and secure element chipset
- Two in five wrist-worn wearables now come with NFC
- Apple adds Ultra Wideband communications chip to iPhone 11