American Express has unveiled Amex Quick Chip, a technology that enables merchants to provide cardmembers with a “more seamless” experience when paying with their EMV chip cards at the point of sale. “With Amex Quick Chip, cardmembers can dip their card during the checkout process and remove it before the transaction is completed,” American Express says. “Amex Quick Chip is available to merchant processors which may deploy the service to interested US merchants through a software update.” Visa unveiled a similar service in April 2016, closely followed by MasterCard.
- Consumers to get option to personalise their digital payment cards
- More than 90% of consumers worldwide will consider using digital payments in the next year, Mastercard predicts
- European banks invest €30m in EU rival to Visa and Mastercard
- Mastercard in talks with PBOC over support for cross-border digital yuan transactions
- Facebook relaunches WhatsApp peer to peer payments in Brazil
This article is more than four years old