American Express has unveiled Amex Quick Chip, a technology that enables merchants to provide cardmembers with a “more seamless” experience when paying with their EMV chip cards at the point of sale. “With Amex Quick Chip, cardmembers can dip their card during the checkout process and remove it before the transaction is completed,” American Express says. “Amex Quick Chip is available to merchant processors which may deploy the service to interested US merchants through a software update.” Visa unveiled a similar service in April 2016, closely followed by MasterCard.
- Pizza maker teams up with delivery service to let robots make and deliver orders to the door
- TreeCard launches wooden contactless debit card
- Estonian fuel station installs self-service payments system that replaces need for physical card readers
- Canadian retailer vends ready-made meals from contactless kiosks
- Pret A Manger pilots contactless charity donations in UK outlets
This article is more than four years old