American Express has unveiled Amex Quick Chip, a technology that enables merchants to provide cardmembers with a “more seamless” experience when paying with their EMV chip cards at the point of sale. “With Amex Quick Chip, cardmembers can dip their card during the checkout process and remove it before the transaction is completed,” American Express says. “Amex Quick Chip is available to merchant processors which may deploy the service to interested US merchants through a software update.” Visa unveiled a similar service in April 2016, closely followed by MasterCard.
- Apple Pay users in the US to get buy now pay later option with iOS 16
- BIS reports on CBDCs in emerging markets
- Moroccan bank launches biometric payment card
- US digital bank introduces contactless payments rings
- Riksbank completes digital currency payments pilot