Visa will support the launch of Apple Pay in Hong Kong, the payment network has confirmed, after announcing its support for the expansion of the mobile payment service to Switzerland and France. “One in ten Visa transactions in Hong Kong is a Visa PayWave transaction and we expect the number of contactless payments to grow even further,” says Caroline Ada, country manager of Visa Hong Kong and Macau.
- UOB lets customers use its mobile banking app to link debit and credit cards to third-party apps
- PSCU reports 70% increase in US mobile debit card transactions
- Google Pay adds bill splitting, movie bookings and scratchcard rewards in Singapore
- Strong customer authentication requirements could cost European retailers €100bn in lost sales
- Edenred adds Apple Pay for UK prepaid cardholders
This article is more than four years old