Visa will support the launch of Apple Pay in Hong Kong, the payment network has confirmed, after announcing its support for the expansion of the mobile payment service to Switzerland and France. “One in ten Visa transactions in Hong Kong is a Visa PayWave transaction and we expect the number of contactless payments to grow even further,” says Caroline Ada, country manager of Visa Hong Kong and Macau.
- Pax Technology partners with Dejamobile to let merchants accept contactless payments on NFC devices
- Survey: ‘Growing number’ of Europeans support creation of national digital currencies independently of EU
- Google Pay to go live in Israel this year?
- Nearly two-thirds of UK consumers would now prefer to make card payments from a mobile wallet
- DBS Bank lets Singapore customers self-manage card security options in real time
This article is more than five years old