UK bank Barclays is to become the first to launch Pay by Bank, the mobile payment app developed by payments infrastructure operator VocaLink’s mobile payment startup Zapp. The service will be made available to customers from autumn 2016, with Lloyds Bank, Halifax and Bank of Scotland also planning to support the service “soon”. The service was expected to launch last year, but was later delayed.
- Apple Pay users in the US to get buy now pay later option with iOS 16
- BIS reports on CBDCs in emerging markets
- Moroccan bank launches biometric payment card
- US digital bank introduces contactless payments rings
- Riksbank completes digital currency payments pilot