UK bank Barclays is to become the first to launch Pay by Bank, the mobile payment app developed by payments infrastructure operator VocaLink’s mobile payment startup Zapp. The service will be made available to customers from autumn 2016, with Lloyds Bank, Halifax and Bank of Scotland also planning to support the service “soon”. The service was expected to launch last year, but was later delayed.
- Crédit Agricole issues biometric payment cards in France
- Amazon expands pay by palm technology to Whole Foods Market store
- Apple lets US families build credit by sharing Apple Card accounts
- German savings banks roll out contactless card acceptance on standard NFC phones
- UK Treasury and Bank of England launch CBDC taskforce to explore digital currency options
This article is more than four years old