Samsung Pay will launch in Spain next week, marking the mobile payment service’s first expansion into Europe, City A.M. reports. Samsung is also “working on features beyond tap and pay to set it apart when it launches later this year in the UK,” the publication says. Samsung Pay announced its global expansion plans during a keynote at Mobile World Congress in February 2016.
- Coffee shop rolls out face-based payments in Romania
- Manchester bar to introduce finger vein biometrics for payments, age verification and Covid-19 contact tracing
- Three in four US consumers now prefer using contactless cards
- Citadele adds support for contactless payments rings
- Mercedes to secure in-car payments with biometrics
This article is more than four years old