UK commuters travelling on MBNA Thames Clippers River Bus services can now pay using contactless cards following an expansion of Transport for London’s (TfL) services. “The payment method can now be used on all MBNA Thames Clippers River Bus routes, which cover around 28 kilometers of the Thames between Putney and Woolwich Arsenal,” TfL says. The transport organisation recorded more than 100m contactless journeys across London between September 2014 and June last year.
- Public transport users in the Philippines get NFC top-up for contactless fare payment cards
- Moscow ticketing app begins nationwide rollout
- Mumbai lets passengers link digital health pass to mobile bus tickets
- Washington Metro offers passengers free bike rides for switching to mobile SmarTrip card
- Korean researchers develop gate-free contactless smart ticketing solution
This article is more than five years old