UK commuters travelling on MBNA Thames Clippers River Bus services can now pay using contactless cards following an expansion of Transport for London’s (TfL) services. “The payment method can now be used on all MBNA Thames Clippers River Bus routes, which cover around 28 kilometers of the Thames between Putney and Woolwich Arsenal,” TfL says. The transport organisation recorded more than 100m contactless journeys across London between September 2014 and June last year.
- Visa reports on contactless transit ticketing adoption
- LA Metro to let passengers add their TAP transit card to Apple Pay ‘this year’
- Turin rolls out contactless payments on bus and subway services
- Chinese city rolls out face verification ticketing on bus and subway services
- STIB switches on contactless payments across Brussels
This article is more than four years old