Mobile network operator Telefonica is to launch a mobile banking service in Germany this summer using technology supplied by Fidor Bank. Customers who sign up for an account will receive an O2 MasterCard for cash withdrawals and shopping, and a mobile app that will allow P2P transfers. “This cooperation is the first disruptive alliance in Germany between a telecommunications company and an innovative digital bank,” says Fidor Bank CEO Matthias Kröner.
- Luxury brand uses RFID tags and QR codes to link perfumes to digital twins
- Lloyds Bank adds NFC passport scanning to mobile banking app
- Indian food delivery service promotes online ordering with an NFC coaster
- Škoda adds support for contactless in-vehicle fuel payments in six European countries
- Nine in 10 payment ring users say it’s their favourite way to pay