Mobile network operator Telefonica is to launch a mobile banking service in Germany this summer using technology supplied by Fidor Bank. Customers who sign up for an account will receive an O2 MasterCard for cash withdrawals and shopping, and a mobile app that will allow P2P transfers. “This cooperation is the first disruptive alliance in Germany between a telecommunications company and an innovative digital bank,” says Fidor Bank CEO Matthias Kröner.
- First Bus enables Apple Pay Express Mode for contactless ticketing
- PSCU reports 70% increase in US mobile debit card transactions
- Google Pay adds bill splitting, movie bookings and scratchcard rewards in Singapore
- Dubai adds transit card top-ups to S’hail mobility app
- Moscow Metro adds support for Huawei Pay
This article is more than four years old