PARTNER NEWS: Canadian national debit network Interac is using its Interac Token Service Provider (TSP) platform to support Apple Pay transactions made using its debit cards in Canada. The TSP solution was developed in partnership with tokenization and mobile payment specialist Bell ID in February 2016 and “[allows] Interac to support Apple Pay integration with secure tokenisation services,” Bell ID says. Support for Interac debit cards through Apple Pay went live on May 10.
- India requires banks to let cardholders opt in to contactless payments
- Huawei Pay expands to Pakistan
- One million Brits now use open banking
- Venmo adds branded animated emojis to payment messages
- Central banks set up digital currency group