The NFC Forum and the Global Certification Forum (GCF) have entered into a cooperation agreement in a step towards providing interoperable contactless public transport access and ticketing using a broad range of NFC-enabled devices worldwide. The announcement supports the recently released Milestone Public Statement and NFC Interoperability Position Paper published jointly by GSMA, Smart Ticketing Alliance and NFC Forum.
- Korean researchers develop gate-free contactless smart ticketing solution
- Bangkok public transport to get open loop contactless ticketing
- Moscow Metro rolls out virtual Troika transit card
- MTA to pilot weekly fare capping for Omny contactless ticketing
- Singapore rewards transit users for open loop contactless fare payments
This article is more than five years old