The NFC Forum and the Global Certification Forum (GCF) have entered into a cooperation agreement in a step towards providing interoperable contactless public transport access and ticketing using a broad range of NFC-enabled devices worldwide. The announcement supports the recently released Milestone Public Statement and NFC Interoperability Position Paper published jointly by GSMA, Smart Ticketing Alliance and NFC Forum.
- San Francisco MTC lets passengers pay fares with Clipper on iPhone and Apple Watch
- Sydney integrates digital Opal card with rideshare services
- Delhi Metro lets passengers top up their transit cards at fare gates
- Central Maryland RTA adds mobile ticketing, fare capping and free transfers
- Office shuttle service adopts ultrasonic technology for boarding pass authentication
This article is more than four years old