The NFC Forum and the Global Certification Forum (GCF) have entered into a cooperation agreement in a step towards providing interoperable contactless public transport access and ticketing using a broad range of NFC-enabled devices worldwide. The announcement supports the recently released Milestone Public Statement and NFC Interoperability Position Paper published jointly by GSMA, Smart Ticketing Alliance and NFC Forum.
- Port Authority to pilot mobile ticketing on Pittsburgh buses
- ITSO reports on the role of transit ticketing in mobility-as-a-service solutions
- Apple Pay users report double-charging issue on New York subway
- Caltrain to introduce mobile ticketing app
- MTA to add new Omny contactless fare options