Customers of Deutsche Bank will be able to make NFC mobile payments using the version of its mobile banking app that will become available for Android in the third quarter of this year. “Contactless payment at the point of sale based on NFC is scheduled to become available when the Android version of the app is released,” the bank says. Deutsche Bank ran a trial in December 2015 of technology that verified the identity of their customers by the way they handle and hold their mobile device.
- Sweden begins central bank digital currency pilot
- Domino’s lets online buyers skip the pickup line
- Shell and Dunkin’ link loyalty programmes to offer customers shared rewards
- M&S rolls out mobile self-checkout across London
- Apple lets retailers accept augmented reality payments