MasterCard has unveiled M/Chip Fast, a technology advancement designed to help speed up EMV transactions at the checkout. “A shopper inserts his or her card into an M/Chip Fast-enabled terminal,” the company explains. “M/Chip Fast provides counterfeit fraud protection by creating a unique code for each transaction. Once the code is generated, the card can be removed from the reader.” The announcement follows the unveiling of Visa’s Quick Chip for EMV service.
- Apple Pay to go live in Mexico “very soon”
- Economists propose single global digital currency
- Dejamobile white paper explains how software-only POS solutions will drive wider adoption of in-store contactless payments
- Antelop launches secure customer authentication SDK
- Mastercard adds NFC payments to virtual corporate cards
This article is more than four years old