Financial services provider Orix is to promote Ant Financial’s Alipay mobile payment platform in Japan and encourage more stores to accept the service. “The Japanese group will offer leasing of the terminals, which can cost up to 300,000 yen (US$2,685) or so to buy, to reduce adopters’ upfront expenses,” Nikkei reports. “Orix will market Alipay mainly to retailers popular with Chinese tourists.” The report comes as Alipay announced its expansion into Europe last week.
- Google lets US drivers use Assistant to pay for fuel with their voice
- Lloyds to let customers set own contactless transaction limit
- Emirates NBD records 34m contactless transactions during eight-week rewards programme
- Monzo lets customers link virtual debit cards to funds ring fenced for specific types of expenditure
- CBA: 80% of digital wallet payments in Australia made from Apple devices
This article is more than five years old