Customers of Nationwide Building Society in the UK may soon be able to access their mobile banking accounts using behavioural biometrics that recognise how they interact with their smartphone, from the way they hold their device to how they type. “The prototype, developed in Nationwide’s Innovation Lab in partnership with BehavioSec and Unisys, explores how a customer’s natural interaction with their smartphone or tablet could provide an additional level of security in the future,” the company says.
- Samsung Money to go live in the US this summer
- Google pilots voice-based payments
- India to open antitrust investigation into Google Pay?
- Metrolinx to let iPhone users top up Presto transit cards via NFC
- Morocco boosts contactless transaction limit by 100%
This article is more than four years old