Customers of Nationwide Building Society in the UK may soon be able to access their mobile banking accounts using behavioural biometrics that recognise how they interact with their smartphone, from the way they hold their device to how they type. “The prototype, developed in Nationwide’s Innovation Lab in partnership with BehavioSec and Unisys, explores how a customer’s natural interaction with their smartphone or tablet could provide an additional level of security in the future,” the company says.
- Samsung lets Galaxy foldable phone users customise their device using NFC
- Apple goes live with Tap to Pay on iPhone in Brazil
- National Payments Corporation of India launches NFC-enabled QR codes and contactless voice payments on UPI
- Apple rolls out iOS 17 with support for music, games and contact sharing via NFC
- Translink lets school students use digital IDs to prove their eligibility for concessionary fares
This article is more than seven years old