More than a third (38%) of all payments made across Europe will be digital by 2020, MasterCard predicts. The payment network’s MasterCard Digital Enablement Service (MDES) is now in progress in 18 European countries and already connects banks representing more than 70% of UK account holders to Apple Pay, the company adds.
- Coffee shop rolls out face-based payments in Romania
- Manchester bar to introduce finger vein biometrics for payments, age verification and Covid-19 contact tracing
- Three in four US consumers now prefer using contactless cards
- Citadele adds support for contactless payments rings
- Mercedes to secure in-car payments with biometrics
This article is more than four years old