Google has confirmed that it is to terminate its Wallet Card on June 30. “Moving forward, we want to focus on making it easier than ever to send and receive money with the Google Wallet app,” the company says. Reports that Google was to end support for the physical card emerged earlier this week following an app teardown by Android Police.
- Consumers to get option to personalise their digital payment cards
- More than 90% of consumers worldwide will consider using digital payments in the next year, Mastercard predicts
- European banks invest €30m in EU rival to Visa and Mastercard
- Mastercard in talks with PBOC over support for cross-border digital yuan transactions
- Facebook relaunches WhatsApp peer to peer payments in Brazil
This article is more than five years old