Handset maker Xiaomi has filed a patent in Korea for a mobile payment service called Xiaomi Pay, The Korea Herald reports. “There is speculation that Xiaomi’s upcoming mid-range smartphone Mi5 will feature the NFC mobile payment service,” the publication says. “The patent filing in the Korean market indicates that the Chinese tech firm plans to roll out its smartphone here.” The Mi5 was unveiled during Mobile World Congress and is equipped with NXP’s secure element and NFC solution.
- PSCU reports 70% increase in US mobile debit card transactions
- Google Pay adds bill splitting, movie bookings and scratchcard rewards in Singapore
- Strong customer authentication requirements could cost European retailers €100bn in lost sales
- Edenred adds Apple Pay for UK prepaid cardholders
- Amazon lets customers pay with their palm at two US retail stores
This article is more than four years old