Handset maker Xiaomi has filed a patent in Korea for a mobile payment service called Xiaomi Pay, The Korea Herald reports. “There is speculation that Xiaomi’s upcoming mid-range smartphone Mi5 will feature the NFC mobile payment service,” the publication says. “The patent filing in the Korean market indicates that the Chinese tech firm plans to roll out its smartphone here.” The Mi5 was unveiled during Mobile World Congress and is equipped with NXP’s secure element and NFC solution.
- Pax Technology partners with Dejamobile to let merchants accept contactless payments on NFC devices
- Survey: ‘Growing number’ of Europeans support creation of national digital currencies independently of EU
- Google Pay to go live in Israel this year?
- Nearly two-thirds of UK consumers would now prefer to make card payments from a mobile wallet
- DBS Bank lets Singapore customers self-manage card security options in real time
This article is more than five years old