Indian mobile payments platform Paytm plans to double its in-store merchant acceptance to four million locations this year, the company’s CEO has told Economic Times. “This year, we will be present offline in every nook and corner,” Vijay Shekhar Sharma said. “Our offline payments will become as big as our online payments.” Paytm users can complete in-store transactions by scanning a code with their mobile phone.The company is also currently trialling sound-based payments.
- Report: EU antitrust investigators are examining Apple Pay
- EBA sets new Strong Customer Authentication deadline
- Samsung begins global rollout of mobile POS app that lets merchants accept payments on standard Android phones
- Facebook loses Libra cryptocurrency backers
- Royal Mint produces solid gold payment card