Russian mobile network operator MegaFon has closed its MegaFon Money P2P mobile payment service in favour of supporting Qiwi Wallet, which integrated host card emulation (HCE) support in August 2015. “After we launched a joint service with Qiwi Wallet last February, we made a decision not to develop two similar financial services in the company and to close MegaFon Money,” the carrier confirmed to NFC World.
- Estonian fuel station installs self-service payments system that replaces need for physical card readers
- Canadian retailer vends ready-made meals from contactless kiosks
- Pret A Manger pilots contactless charity donations in UK outlets
- KFC Japan trials contactless lockers for mobile order pickups
- Monoprix pilots automated self-service store
This article is more than four years old