Square has received more than 350,000 pre-orders for its contactless chip reader, CEO Jack Dorsey revealed during the company’s fourth quarter earnings call. “We’re seeing a huge demand for the reader and we’re taking full advantage of the shift to chip cards and contactless,” Dorsey said. “We want to be able to associate our logo with the ability to pay with your phone. We’re betting big on NFC.” Square began rolling out its contactless readers in November 2015.
- Patent shows how Apple Pay could automatically select a card based on the user’s location
- Visa reports 1bn extra contactless transactions in Europe since payment limit rises
- More than 100m Americans to make an in-store mobile payment in 2021
- East Caribbean Central Bank launches digital currency
- Chinese banks roll out digital yuan wallets
This article is more than five years old