Apple has added a further 27 banks and credit unions to its list of Apple Pay supporting financial institutions in the US. “The addition of Mainland China started with another dozen participating banks and another 27 banks have joined the 1,000+ partners in the US,” 9to5mac reports. Apple Pay launched in China on February 18.
- Central bank launches digital currency in the Bahamas
- ExxonMobil to combine NFC and QR mobile payments at the pump
- BBVA begins global rollout of mobile-first credit cards
- Visa lets merchants in 15 countries accept contactless payments on standard NFC phones
- Shenzhen residents spend nearly 9m digital yuan during CBDC pilot
This article is more than four years old
Keep up to date: Get NFCW's headlines by email every Wednesday