Apple has added a further 27 banks and credit unions to its list of Apple Pay supporting financial institutions in the US. “The addition of Mainland China started with another dozen participating banks and another 27 banks have joined the 1,000+ partners in the US,” 9to5mac reports. Apple Pay launched in China on February 18.
- Unspent stored value on Starbucks prepaid cards nears US$1.63bn
- Australian public hearing considers case for regulatory controls to ensure payment apps get access to smartphone NFC technology
- Estonia’s central bank tests blockchain-powered digital euro solution
- Oman to make it mandatory for all merchants to accept cashless payments
- Juniper forecasts contactless card transactions will total US$2.5tn globally in 2021
This article is more than five years old