MasterCard is to make use of mobile biometric technology provider Daon’s IdentityX Platform as one of the authentication technologies for MasterCard Identity Check, the ‘selfie pay’ service it is rolling out to the US, Canada and parts of Europe this year. “The app-based authentication leverages a mobile device to secure online payments and mobile banking applications using fingerprint and facial recognition,” Daon says.
- Adidas rolls out contactless in-store shopping in the Philippines
- China’s JD.com lets consumers make online payments from digital yuan hard wallets using NFC
- UK sees 40% rise in contactless transaction values in 2021
- Apple to let merchants accept contactless payments on iPhones?
- Russia launches digital ruble pilot with 12 banks
This article is more than five years old