MasterCard is to make use of mobile biometric technology provider Daon’s IdentityX Platform as one of the authentication technologies for MasterCard Identity Check, the ‘selfie pay’ service it is rolling out to the US, Canada and parts of Europe this year. “The app-based authentication leverages a mobile device to secure online payments and mobile banking applications using fingerprint and facial recognition,” Daon says.
- Russia launches public consultation on digital ruble
- India bans mobile payment providers from launching new proprietary QR codes
- Visa: Consumers have made an extra 500m touch-free payments in Europe since contactless limits were increased
- Transport for NSW to trial digital Opal card with 10,000 commuters
- Walgreens lets customers pay with points at the POS
This article is more than four years old
Keep up to date: Get NFCW's headlines by email every Wednesday