Commuters in the Czech Republic can now pay for bus fares using their contactless payment cards through a partnership between transport network BusLine and MasterCard. The service is currently available on 10 routes and contactless readers have been installed on 70 buses. BusLine operates a total of 200 lines, “so there is great potential for expansion,” the company says.
- Public transport users in the Philippines get NFC top-up for contactless fare payment cards
- Moscow ticketing app begins nationwide rollout
- Mumbai lets passengers link digital health pass to mobile bus tickets
- Washington Metro offers passengers free bike rides for switching to mobile SmarTrip card
- Korean researchers develop gate-free contactless smart ticketing solution
This article is more than five years old