Commuters in the Czech Republic can now pay for bus fares using their contactless payment cards through a partnership between transport network BusLine and MasterCard. The service is currently available on 10 routes and contactless readers have been installed on 70 buses. BusLine operates a total of 200 lines, “so there is great potential for expansion,” the company says.
- Atac brings contactless transit ticketing to Rome
- Denver adds support for Transit in-app ticketing
- Guangzhou Metro pilots facial recognition at ticket barriers
- Ankara adds NFC transit ticketing on buses, subways and local trains
- JR East introduces loyalty points for transit ticketing payments