Spanish winemaker Barbadillo has integrated NFC into its limited edition bottles of Versos 1891 rare sherry so customers can check the beverage’s authenticity with a tap of their mobile device. “The NFC OpenSense tags incorporated into each bottle are specifically designed to thwart counterfeits, prevent unauthorized refills and facilitate product authentication,” says technology provider Thinfilm. The roll out follows a six-figure unit order for NFC OpenSense tags placed by packaging and labels provider Constantia Flexibles to deliver solutions to the beverage industry.
- Utah to pilot NFC and QR code-enabled mobile driving licences
- Turkey mandates use of NFC identity checks for remote bank account opening
- Ypsomed leverages NFC to enable remote monitoring of insulin delivery compliance
- NFC-enabled smart bandage aids healing, could detect Covid-19 symptoms, researchers say
- Developers adopt NFC tags to encourage plastic recycling
This article is more than five years old