Spanish winemaker Barbadillo has integrated NFC into its limited edition bottles of Versos 1891 rare sherry so customers can check the beverage’s authenticity with a tap of their mobile device. “The NFC OpenSense tags incorporated into each bottle are specifically designed to thwart counterfeits, prevent unauthorized refills and facilitate product authentication,” says technology provider Thinfilm. The roll out follows a six-figure unit order for NFC OpenSense tags placed by packaging and labels provider Constantia Flexibles to deliver solutions to the beverage industry.
- HID Global launches combo NFC and RFID tags for tracking returnable industrial containers
- NXP launches secure UWB chips for hands-free access control, payments and IoT
- University of New Mexico uses campus ID cards to combat spread of Covid-19
- Shinhan Card introduces iPhone case that lets owners use sounds to make contactless mobile payments
- Maryville University introduces NFC digital IDs
This article is more than four years old
Keep up to date: Get NFCW's headlines by email every Wednesday