Spanish winemaker Barbadillo has integrated NFC into its limited edition bottles of Versos 1891 rare sherry so customers can check the beverage’s authenticity with a tap of their mobile device. “The NFC OpenSense tags incorporated into each bottle are specifically designed to thwart counterfeits, prevent unauthorized refills and facilitate product authentication,” says technology provider Thinfilm. The roll out follows a six-figure unit order for NFC OpenSense tags placed by packaging and labels provider Constantia Flexibles to deliver solutions to the beverage industry.
- NFC digital car keys go live for Android users
- UAE launches blockchain postage stamp with NFC authentication
- Apple delays rollout of digital IDs in Wallet until early 2022
- Researchers use extended-range NFC to develop smart fabric for multiple use cases
- British Standards Institute unveils NFC digital ID system for construction products
This article is more than five years old