Spanish winemaker Barbadillo has integrated NFC into its limited edition bottles of Versos 1891 rare sherry so customers can check the beverage’s authenticity with a tap of their mobile device. “The NFC OpenSense tags incorporated into each bottle are specifically designed to thwart counterfeits, prevent unauthorized refills and facilitate product authentication,” says technology provider Thinfilm. The roll out follows a six-figure unit order for NFC OpenSense tags placed by packaging and labels provider Constantia Flexibles to deliver solutions to the beverage industry.
- Apple AirTag ‘hack’ indicates dynamic NFC capability
- Chinese firm promotes video game with giant QR code in the sky
- NFC Forum releases specifications for secure data transfer between NFC devices
- Car Connectivity Consortium to release specification for hands-free Bluetooth and ultra wideband digital keys
- Apple rolls out AirTags for locating and tracking personal items
This article is more than five years old