Some 37% of US merchant locations are now EMV-ready, according to management consulting firm The Strawhecker Group (TSG). “TSG’s previous survey of payment processors and other payment providers completed last September estimated that over 40% would be EMV-ready by this time, showing a slower pace of implementation than expected before the shift,” the company says. 50% of US merchants are expected to support EMV by June this year.
- Apple Pay users in the US to get buy now pay later option with iOS 16
- BIS reports on CBDCs in emerging markets
- Moroccan bank launches biometric payment card
- US digital bank introduces contactless payments rings
- Riksbank completes digital currency payments pilot