Some 37% of US merchant locations are now EMV-ready, according to management consulting firm The Strawhecker Group (TSG). “TSG’s previous survey of payment processors and other payment providers completed last September estimated that over 40% would be EMV-ready by this time, showing a slower pace of implementation than expected before the shift,” the company says. 50% of US merchants are expected to support EMV by June this year.
- Polish mobile payments service lets users make NFC payments direct from bank account
- Swiss mobile payments provider to roll out cross-border payments in 2022
- Japanese university trials face payments for users wearing a mask
- People’s Bank of China issues digital yuan trial progress report
- European Central Bank officially launches digital euro project
This article is more than five years old